The West Virginia State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers has a major role in ensuring that Professional Engineers and their employing firms provide the highest quality professional services. The Board’s Vision is to guarantee:
- Consumers, applicants, and registrants have access to comprehensive information through a wide range of technology and facilities
- West Virginia Professional Engineers possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities enabling them to meet the expectations of clients and consumers
- The public has confidence in the engineering of public infrastructure and other facilities and systems.
The Mission of the West Virginia State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers is to safeguard the life, health, property, and welfare of the public by regulating the practice of professional engineering. The Board accomplishes its Mission by:
- Registering qualified individuals as professional engineers
- Authorizing qualified firms to offer engineering services in the state
- Anticipating changes in the engineering profession to ensure that the laws and regulations are contemporary, relevant, and responsive
- Recommending regulations and legislation for the engineering profession
- Promoting professional conduct among the engineering community
- Enforcing the WV engineering laws and regulations
- Providing information so the public can make informed decisions regarding utilizing professional engineering services.